Coinciding with the readiness of the Education and Student Affairs Sector at the university to receive the returning students to resume their studies in the various colleges after the mid-year vacation and in view of all the urgent health threats that the Supreme Committee for Infection Control at the Supreme Council of Universities issued a number of recommendations…(President of Ain Shams University) and (Vice President for Education and Student Affairs) held a coordination meeting between:
Prof. Dr. Ayman Saleh, general manager of university hospitals.
Prof. Dr. Samia Abdo, deputy director of Ain Shams University Hospitals and head of the infection control unit.
Prof. Dr. Ahmed Al-Hindawi (Acting Director of the General Department of Medical Affairs).
In order to discuss the contents of the recommendations and work to provide all the medical requirements and requirements that must be met and optimal aspects of cooperation between the Education Affairs and Students Affairs Sector and Ain Shams University Hospitals to achieve the greatest degree of protection to meet the new health conditions we must preserve the health and safety of our student children.
In the wake of these directives and recommendations, Prof. Dr. Abdel Fattah Muhammad Fathi Saud (Vice President for Education and Student Affairs) held an expanded meeting with the administrators of the Education and Student Affairs Sector and included both:
Mr. Muhammad Al-Khatib (Assistant Secretary of the University for Education and Student Affairs).
Prof. Dr. Ahmed Al-Hindawi (Acting Director of the General Department of Medical Affairs)
Mr. Ibrahim Saeed (general supervisor of the university cities sector).
To search and follow all the procedures and preparations taken by the sector administrations to receive the returning students to resume their studies in the various colleges after the mid-year vacation, especially in light of the surrounding health risks and medical precautionary measures that are being taken in the education and student affairs sector at the university to prevent corona virus and its application mechanisms and the correct methods to be followed to deal with any cases suspected of being infected, and his Excellency was keen to assure everyone that the university will harness all its financial capabilities and human energy to overcome this emergency phase. The measures taken were as follows:
● Prepare adequately exclusively all the members of the teaching staff and the assisting body in the countries affected by the virus (China) to follow them through quarantine, medicine and preventive.
● Establishing temporary health isolation rooms equipped according to the medical specifications set by the Infection Control Unit in the university cities and students hospital. To deal promptly and promptly with suspected student cases, if any, then refer them all to the Fever Hospital or Al-Sadr Hospital in Abbasiya for further examination and treatment if necessary.
● Coordination with the company responsible for implementing cleaning works in the university cities to increase and multiply all means of disinfection and sterilization used in cleaning work and to develop an emergency work plan commensurate with the state of health emergency present with the university’s pledge to bear all expenses of the new action plan.
● Increase the number of outcomes between:
1. Doctors working in the General Administration of Medical Affairs and university cities
2. The staff of the Ambulance Authority of the General Administration of Medical Affairs at the university.
This is to provide health follow-up appropriate to the existing health emergency.
● Launch an educational preventive campaign for all students in the university sector on ways to prevent corona virus, which includes the following:
1. Organizing preventive lectures for all students residing in the university cities, male and female students, according to a lecture in the city for students on Tuesday, atheist ten February, 2020 at exactly eight o'clock in the evening and a lecture in the city of his request on Wednesday, the twelfth of February 2020 at eight o’clock in the evening.
2. Organizing a series of loyalty lectures for all students of different colleges on the ways to prevent corona virus under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Samia Abda (Deputy Director of Ain Shams University Hospitals and Head of the Infection Control Unit). The first of these lectures will be held on Tuesday, the eleventh of February in the Faculty of Al-Alsun campus at 10:00 am.
● Preparing flyers and advertisements distributed to colleges, introducing the Corona virus, how it is transmitted, and ways to prevent it.