The Faculty of Archeology, Ain Shams University announces its need for the following:
- Nine (9) Lecturer positions in different specializations
- Six (6) Assistant Lecturer in different specializations
Applicants for the position of (Lecturer, Assistant Lecturer) are required to be of the following specialization:
First: the position of Lecturer:
1. Archaeobotany Lecturer (botanical archeology) Bachelor/ Licentiate in ancient Egyptian archeology, Ph.D. in plant archeology.
2. Landscape Archeology Lecturer (Archaeology of Geographical Features) - Licentiate /Bachelor of Ancient Egyptian Archeology, PhD in Archeology of Geographical Features.
3. Museum education Lecturer - Licentiate /Bachelor of Archeology, MA and PhD in museum education, experience in museum work in the field of museum education for no less than five years, preferably those who obtained an educational diploma.
4. Documenting urban heritage development Lecturer, Bachelor’s degree in ancient Egyptian antiquities, master’s and doctorate in documenting archaeological sites and communication in heritage communities, experience in the field of not less than 5 years.
5. Lecturer of the restoration of archaeological architecture - BA / Licentiate in archaeological restoration, or architecture, PhD in the restoration of archaeological architecture, experience in architectural restoration of not less than 10 years.
6. Excavation Lecturer - Bachelor's degree in ancient Egyptian antiquities, PhD in archaeological hills, experience in excavations not less than 10 years.
7. Lecturer of the restoration of organic materials - Bachelor / Licentiate in archaeological restoration, or science, PhD in the restoration of organic materials, preferably in the specialty of wood.
8. Lecturer of Museum Collections and Databases Management - Licentiate / Bachelor of Archeology, and at least 7 years of experience in this field, preferably those with international partnerships.
9. Museum Design Lecturer - Bachelor of Engineering or Fine Arts majoring in Architecture, MA and PhD degrees in Museum Design
Second: The position of assistant lecturer:
1. Assistant Lecturer of Architectural Heritage Maintenance, Bachelor of Architectural Engineering, Master of Maintenance/Rehabilitation of Heritage Building.
2. Assistant Lecturer in Archaeological Sites Administration Licentiate/Bachelor's degree in one of the departments of antiquities, graduates of ancient Egyptian antiquities are preferred, Master's degree in heritage preservation and management of archaeological sites
3. Assistant Lecturer in Museum Studies - Licentiate /Bachelor of Archeology Departments, Archeology Restoration Graduates are preferred, MA in Museology
4. Assistant Lecturer in Museum Display Systems / Archaeological Collections Management - Bachelor’s / Bachelor’s Degree in one of the Archeology Departments, Master’s in Museum Display Systems / Archaeological Collections Management
5. Assistant Lecturer of Museum Display Technology IT - Bachelor of Science or Computer and Information, Master and PhD in Cultural Heritage Documentation and Management. At least 10 years of experience in digital technology in cultural heritage
6. Assistant Lecturer of Islamic inscriptions maintenance - Bachelor's degree in restoration, science or architecture, Master's in Islamic inscriptions maintenance
The applicant shall fulfill the conditions in accordance with the provisions of the Universities Organizing Law No. 49 of 1973 and its executive regulations.
Applications shall be submitted to the Department of Faculty Affairs at the university no later than (15) days from the date of announcement, accompanied by the following documents:
- Original copy of the Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree and PhD (Lecturer’s job)
- Original copy of the Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree and PhD (Assistant Lecturer’s job)
- A copy of the master's and doctoral thesis.
- The mechanized original birth certificate.
- Military recruitment statues or males.
- Criminal record.
- Experience certificate in the same field.
- Six (6) personal photos.
- Announcement attached to the Official Gazette